A friend of mine told me last week that she’d been watching daytime TV and there was a guy who is a “dating guru” giving advice out to women. So I thought I’d look him up. Matthew Hussey is his name. He’s British, he’s written a book called “Get the Guy”, he has a blog, and he has a monthly column in Cosmopolitan Magazine. He also holds live events where he gives out relationship advice- 50,000 women have attended them and he even holds 5 day “retreats” that cost £3000 to attend! If you want to have a private session with him… it’ll cost you £8000 and hour!! And people pay it. He MUST know what he’s talking about!
He’s apparently “the world’s leading dating expert for women”
How do I not know about him until now?! He’s a real life Will Smith from ‘Hitch’!!
Years ago, I caught a friend of mine reading a book on the sly at work under her desk… it intrigued me. She was reading The Complete Book of Rules: Time-tested secrets for capturing the heart of Mr Right by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider. She bought me a copy and we both lived our lives by “The Rules” for a long time. So much so that the heart she was trying to capture… she succeeded and they’ve now been married for almost 5 years and they have a beautiful new baby together. So if she managed to lock down Mr Right… why haven’t I? Ok.. I wasn’t THAT strict with the rules. And actually most of the time I forgot what they were and made up my own rules… I do struggle with things like this because they feel a little “game playing” which I’m not into at all. If I want to send a text, I send a text, I want to see them, I ask to see them. I can’t change who I am or how I act and I would never want to- I am who I am… but maybe I need to revisit them?! Or maybe I need to buy this guy’s book!
I found an article online with his ten top tips:
- Take control, don’t be afraid to make the first move. It is NOT desperate.
- Don’t give him what he wants, make him wait.
- Don’t get stuck in a text marathon – call him.
- Don’t assume a guy who likes you will talk to you.
- Always offer to pay the bill, even if you have no intention of doing so.
- Don’t use uncertain language. Swap “I kind of like the movie La La Land” for “I love the movie La La Land”.
- Say yes. If he says: “That popcorn smells great”, don’t say, “Yeah” then go into the movie. Say: “Let’s get some.”
- Compliment a guy on his style. It’s more meaningful than commenting on looks.
- Make him feel like Superman. Say: “I feel so safe whenever I’m around you.” If a guy feels like a guy around you, he’ll want to be around you more.
- Create sexual tension. Never stop flirting even if you are nervous
The only one of the above that I’m 100% good at and always do is number five. So from today, I’m going to follow these top ten tips and see what happens!
Here’s today’s “mental message”:
S*****: OMG! You is bang tidy! I’d travel all the way to Manchester just to give you a mars bar.
I don’t mention on my profile that I like Mars Bars but I do! I really do! I’m not sure where he was planning on travelling from though….
And also this message from someone else:
K***: Hope you’re enjoying the Manchester weather, have you ever drank a pint of Guinness?
Random. Very random.